Partial Eclipse Viewing Party at RMSC
Enjoy the partial eclipse with insights from astronomy experts! Join RMSC staff members and knowledgeable volunteers from the Astronomy Section, Rochester Academy of Science for free, eye-safe viewing of the eclipse.
Timing for the Eclipse:
- 12pm: Partial eclipse begins
- 1:13pm: Maximum partial eclipse is reached
- 2:27pm: Partial eclipse ends
A partial solar eclipse will be visible from Rochester on Saturday, October 14, 2023 (weather permitting).
Telescopes with solar filters and other methods to observe the eclipse will be available to try for free!
- (Safely) view the partial solar eclipse! 25% of the sun will be covered at maximum.
- Solar viewing through telescopes, larger-than-life eclipse glasses, and pinhole viewers.
- Showings of “Eclipse 2024!” at 9:45am, 10:30am, and 11:15am. Admission is required for shows.
- Tune in to the National Livestreams of the eclipse in the Planetarium!
- Watch “Eclipse 2024!” our eclipse-themed Planetarium show, to prepare for the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse.
- Experience the scale of our solar system with a 10-foot inflatable sun accompanied by a to-scale Earth and Moon.
- Help us count down to the Total Solar Eclipse on April 8, 2024.
- Eclipse glasses will be available for purchase for $2.50/pair.